page indicator
Tweet InsanelyMac on Twitter
full screen | fixed width

Okay, After reading the compatibility chart by Ed Gain I realized I had sucessfully gotten Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 running on my Acer D257, which was not on the chart, and also got it to run on my Acer 532h also. This method will work with OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard also but I prefer to use Lion since it’s a newer operating system.

Before we get started, there is a bit more: I also created a quadruple boot with my laptops. I will create a new guide showing that but just for now I will go through getting Mac OS X running on the netbook. If anything goes wrong don’t be afraid to leave a comment and I will reply as quickly as possible.

Things needed:

•  Acer Aspire D257 or 532h
  • To use Lion upgrade RAM to 2GB
    (DDR3 for the D257 and DDR2 for the 532h)
  • iAtkos L1 (Lion 10.7.1)
  • USB Keyboard and USB Mouse
  • External USB DVD Drive
  • Sign up to osx86.net comes in handy no matter what

Files for individual netbooks:

Before we begin ensure laptop is on power source.

1. Plug the External DVD Drive via USB to the netbook with the iAtkos L1 DVD already inserted, hit F12 to boot from other sources and choose the DVD.
  2. Press F8 to get to the menu and boot with the tag mach_atom
  3. Loading time will take some time on both netbooks, after the the first screen choose your desired language and continue
  4. Before beginning go to utilities on top and choose disk utility choose the hard drive and create a partition with MAC OS X (Journaled), hit the plus button on the bottom and make GUID Partition Table, Then create and we are ready to install MAC OS X. After closing disk utility the installation process will continue, now choose the partition and before hitting continue choose customize at the bottom left.
  5. Choose chameleon as the boot loader, create extra directory, remove RTC (will cause Kernel Panic plus not needed on Netbook), Use the 10.7.1 atom kernel in custom kernels, and then in drivers choose all the laptop accessories battery, sensor etc. no video drivers will be chosen or kernel panic, and for PS2 use both apple and voodoo, then do the same for sound.
  6. Now after everything is chosen to the specs of your individual laptop continue the installation until finished.
  7. When finished completely, we are ready for the first boot, at the menu screen we use the tags custom (this is the kernel) and arch=i386.
  8. Now this is where the USB Keyboard and USB Mouse comes in handy, plug them in and enter your info and password after we are on the desktop the keyboard can be unplugged but not the mouse. The Keyboard will function but not the trackpad as of yet.
  9. In the attached file use the show hidden files, move the /Extra folder to the desktop and create a new one that is not hidden drag it to the / where the first one was, and now drag all the contents into the new Extra folder now delete the mach_kernel that in the folder / and rename the kernel that is custom to mach_kernel.
  10. Replace the Extra file with the one in the correct folder for your laptop, use kext wizard to replace the applehda.kext with the 10.6.2 one so we do not get a kernel panic.
  11. I replaced the atheros cards with the Broadcom chip so if you decide to do this, use the working wifi kexts with kext wizard and replace the ones in system/library/extensions and that will make the broadcom chip work.
  12. After all the kexts have been replaced, open the permissions.txt file and then open terminal, sudo su and insert your password. With su permissions copy the commands one by one and then restart.

Now you’re done with the 10.7.1 successfully.

Let’s continue to update to 10.7.4:

1. Download the 10.7.4 Combo update from here
  2. After the Combo Update has been installed replace the mach_kernel, with the new 10.7.4 mach_kernel you downloaded.
  3. Then once again replace the applehda.kext with the 10.6.2 one and the wifi kexts with the ones provided
  4. Re-run the terminal and the commands in the permissions.txt and all should be well

Congrats, your netbook is now on 10.7.4!

Any questions, don’t be afraid to ask, this is my first guide so the better I get, the better I will provide information.

89 Comments
13th June, 2012 @ 1:40 am by Joe

Hi mate do the graphics work? qe/ci?

13th June, 2012 @ 2:11 am by raggaro5

gma 3150 does not have qe/ci

6th July, 2012 @ 8:51 am by Jeroen

Hi Mate,

Can ya please help? I am stuck at step 9.
I am still a noob when it comes to the MacOSX install on other hardware…

My Acer Aspire One 532h is booting perfectly and running OK. But after the steps I perform at step 9, it will not boot :-(

The /Extra folder is visible, even without the “ShowAllFiles” tool, and has an “Extensions_x” folder in it. So what do I do with the “Extra” folder from the zip?

- Delete the /Extra and copy the Extra folder from the zip to / ?
- Copy all files from Extra folder in zip to the /Extra folder and overwrite when necessary?

Next at step 10 we need to overwrite the “applehda.kext” file… don’t those kext files in the /Extra/Extensions folder need to be installed the same way?

Thanks in advance for your reply and help!!!

/Jeroen

6th July, 2012 @ 12:07 pm by Rohan Amarsingh

Ok at step nine u said ur stuck, if ur extra folder is not hidden the. Ur perfectly fine, rename extension_x to just extensions and drag and replace the contents with the one in my zip folder, now delete the extensions.mkext and now open two finder windows one with extra open and the other with applications open, drag the extensions folder onto kext utility and it will create a new extensions.mkext. Now use kext utility or any other kext program to install the 10.6.2 applehda, when installing to extra/extensions its a simple drag and repair but it has to be installed properly to the system/library/extensions or u will get an error message after u replace the applehda.kext in s/l/e run kext utility and repair all permissions and then reboot and u should be fine

9th July, 2012 @ 7:41 pm by Richard Ramos

Is OSX Lion works with 532H Acer. I mean everything works……What i does not work??? Can you operate with 4 g ram?

9th July, 2012 @ 8:00 pm by Rohan Amarsingh

The acer 532h everything works except qe/ci because the gam 3150 is not supported by osx but all else just like the d257 works

22nd July, 2012 @ 4:09 pm by Leo

i have Acer Aspire One D257 and i buy from apple dvd original of Snow Leopard…i wonna install it on dual boot with Windows 7 pre-installed…
i have ext usb dvd and, 2nd HDD 250 Mb usb ext, 8 gb SD memory what can i to utilize in different mode…guide me please. bye

24th July, 2012 @ 3:10 am by J

Hi just wondering, does it have to be an external DVD drive? Can I use thumb drive with an image of lion? I’m still in the process of ordering a 2GB ram stick for my 532h netbook and I’m wondering if I need an external drive as well. I have an 8GB usb drive if it does turn into that and an external HDD if I do have to transfer files to the acer if necessary. Thanks.

24th July, 2012 @ 12:02 pm by Rohan

Ok, Leo u dont need the iAtkos it’s just the easiest method to me, to make a compatible external hdd/ thumb drive you can use many different methods but the two best ones I know of , the first one is the method for installing snow leopard on zg5 that tutorial has a great method just follow the making of the USB, and the second is on tonymacx86 it’s the method of installing lion on Inspiron 1720 that method also works great getting lion to boot from a USB or external Hdd. I suggest u just google those two articles and you will be fine once osx is up and running just follow the rest of my guide. 2. J u don’t need an external hdd if u have a flash drive at least 8gb that should be plenty of space for the lion installation, because I have done it

25th July, 2012 @ 4:35 am by Matt

i cant get through the install, :( ! it will boot but wont get past examining available disks, however, im running hazard 10.6.2 on my D257 with no problem, but id really like to get lion up and running

27th July, 2012 @ 3:18 pm by Matt

scratch the last post, i got through the install on iATKOS L2! i booted it in safemode, ended up having to download voodoohda 0.21, got sound working perfect, headphone and mic work 100%. everything works except for my cardreader, and if i plug my netbook into power (or unplug it) it crashes cant figure that out, but soon as i do ill post a solution, however i havent been able to successfully update to 10.7.4.

27th July, 2012 @ 4:36 pm by Rohan

I had the same problem use the extra folder in the file I attached and that should get rid of all the rest of problems even the crashing after adapter is plugged in the Dsdt I created fixed all that plus the voodoosdhc in the extensions folder should now make everything work and part of the panic is because u needed nullcpumanagement kext which is also in the file After u replace the extra folder all should be well

27th July, 2012 @ 11:39 pm by J

I’m sorry for the lack of google skills but how exactly do I burn iAtkos L1 to the USB with Chameleon 2.1? I have the image for L1 but I don’t know how to use it with Chameleon… I tried using this guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrzmYyahQTE but I’ve only gone as far as the adding the image to the USB…and also, looking at the USB it’s blank inside…Can you please help? :( I have an Acer 532h, a 2006 Macbook Pro and a 16GB flash drive. But I can do it on windows as well… I am currently downloading L2 to see if I’ll have better luck on it but I’d rather use the one you recommend… Sorry but please reply!

28th July, 2012 @ 6:54 pm by J

=[ well I burnt iAtkos L1 with Disk Utility then installed Chameleon 2.1 svn r2030.pkg on it but it doesn’t even detect my USB when I boot it on my 532h… I tried it with L2 as well and still no luck. Anyhow thanks for the hard work! I hope I can figure it out when I try it again.

28th July, 2012 @ 7:35 pm by Rohan

I’ve Only used iAtkos burnt on a DVD with an external drive but I think u should partition the USB with two partitions one 200mb and call it boot ad the rest for the iAtkos image. Install the the image then on the boot partition drag the extra folder thee and install chameleon on the boot partition, use chameleon 1083 then do the update to the latest chameleon and see if that works that is how I would do it

28th July, 2012 @ 7:37 pm by Rohan

Also ensure its GUId partition table and that permissions are ignored on the iAtkos partition

28th July, 2012 @ 10:37 pm by Matt

Tried that first, repaired permissions, failed to boot :(

28th July, 2012 @ 10:48 pm by Rohan

Ok Matt then boot with tags -v -f and then drag extra extensions to kext utility after extensions .mkext is made then do the same with the one in s/l and then after that one is done run kext utility to repair extensions by itself and tell me how that turns out

2nd August, 2012 @ 5:46 am by Matt

well its MBR now, and im successfully running 10.7.2 and win 7 no issues, ill prolly just stick with it for a while, at least untill somebody get 10.8 running on the D257 :D

2nd August, 2012 @ 7:31 am by eric

Will this work on a d250 with your downloads from osx86?

2nd August, 2012 @ 4:35 pm by Rohan

I would assume it should work but the only that might give u kernel panics is the Dsdt so don’t use that and use Dsdt patcher to generate one for the d250

7th August, 2012 @ 5:10 am by Matt

question: will we ever be able to change the brightness using the fn keys?

7th August, 2012 @ 5:12 am by Rohan

We have to have full qe/ci on the gma 3150 to be able to control brightness but we do not at the moment but work is in progress and some people have had success in the forums of osx86 so u can keep check

7th August, 2012 @ 2:51 pm by Matt

awwesome thanks for the quick response, i posted a thread maybe you can give me some insight there… http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=281584

22nd August, 2012 @ 8:07 am by What am I doing wrong? Acer 532h + iAtkos_L1 w/ Chameleon

[...] on the comments but I did not fully get what the OP was really trying to instruct. I'm sorry. Link: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 on Acer 532h and D257 Here is a list of the things I've done step by step: I downloaded the iAtkos_L1 DVD image and [...]

23rd August, 2012 @ 10:38 pm by J

I managed to get the USB detect so I’m really happy but how do I proceed in #5?
Do I create the extra directory where the Chameleon folder is on my iAtkos_L1 USB? Or should I simply paste the Extra directory found in the Acer 532h.zip? I’m not quite sure what to do with that step :( . Where do I find RTC and how exactly do I install drivers? I’m so sorry I hope you can reply soon.

23rd August, 2012 @ 10:43 pm by Rohan

Ight j no need to be sorry we were all beginners at some point right, with the iAtkos select customize and u will see rtc do not select it and there will be an option to create the extra folder after you finish the installation replace the extra folder made by iAtkos with the one in the folder I have uploaded, now with installing drivers or kexts files you need either kext utility or kext wizard they are both simple apps to use and in no time u will have ur osx up and running

24th August, 2012 @ 4:42 am by J

I did everything and now I’m stuck at #7… I selected Untitled 1 and then put “custom 10.7.1, arch=i386″… all it does is restart me back to the bootloader. I also tried “custom, arch=i386″ and it said cannot find /custom

Thank you so much for your help Rohan. I really appreciate it.

24th August, 2012 @ 4:48 am by Rohan

When installing did u choose the option in customize to use the atom 10.7.1 kernel

24th August, 2012 @ 4:50 am by Rohan

Ok if u did when using arches there’s no quotations or commas just type custom then space arch=i386 nothing else just a space

24th August, 2012 @ 5:35 am by J

Yes I did. I just reinstalled everything just to make sure it has the kernel but when I select Untitled 1 and then type custom arch=i386 nothing happens but reboot? It briefly shows the Apple logo then reboots.

6th September, 2012 @ 1:14 pm by Harry

Hia and Thank you – I might have missed it, but: would you either go for the Acer 532h or D257 with OSX Lion?

thankx

H

17th September, 2012 @ 6:25 am by Matt

I didn’t see this one one the compatibility chart . Does the vga out work properly?

8th November, 2012 @ 8:52 pm by luke

i only want one of these for imovie to do simple edit jobs. does imovie work good with this? could you email me back? thanks.

11th November, 2012 @ 11:31 pm by Ramon

Hi
I recently bought an acer aspire one d257. there was ubuntu installed so i put windows 7 on it. it actually starts to boot from the dvd (iatkos l1 / l2 – tried both) but it get’s stuck just at the beginning when you see the grey screen with the apple logo in the middle… i really don’t know what to do.
thank you very much for helping me!!

13th November, 2012 @ 1:37 pm by Rohan

@like not sure if IMovie works, if it depends on qe/ci then it would work very slowly but maybe never used it. @ramon I have a cousin in jamaica with the same name that’s beside the point though, use iAtkos l1 not l2 and ensure at boot u type custom that’s the kernel and boot with arch=i386 and also the boot process takes a while from the iAtkos disc so be patient cuz after its installed to the drive boot time is cut to about 30 secs

13th November, 2012 @ 11:37 pm by Allan

Hey thanx for your tutorial,
1. Why iAtkos L1 and not L2?
2. I downloaded L2 and put in on Usb 8Gb how do I have to add the chameleon to the usb? Or do I need a second usb? can u please give me the website and what version I need for chameleon. I have been trying now for about a week.. and tried everything it just doesn’t won’t boot.

I have a D257 Wireless will work if i success right? thank very much!

14th November, 2012 @ 12:51 am by Rohan

L2 didn’t boot for me but l1 did and u can google how to create a start up disc and u can install the latest chameleon from osx86

17th November, 2012 @ 2:24 am by Ramon

Nice to have relatives there :)
I tried to boot with “custom arch=i386″. After a while there was a horrible sound probably because of missing or wrong driver units?!
Apart from the following points I think everything worked as it should do.
- Nr. 5: there was only an atom kernel over 11.1.
- there were no laptop accessories battery
- in the sound options I activated all and in Voodoo the newest. Is that right?
Thank’s!

17th November, 2012 @ 3:52 am by Rohan

U can add those and u can also add them later which is easier @ramon and also u can download the newer kernels for 10.7.5 on osx86.net my pack is for 10.7.2 cuz I haven’t updated it yet but u will get it

17th November, 2012 @ 3:53 am by Rohan

I meant 10.7.4 my kernels should work up to 10.7.5 also but newer kernels are on osx86

17th November, 2012 @ 11:06 pm by Allony

I Really and I mean really I have been looking and googling and reading forums again and again, but I just dont get it how to add a bootloader to to Iatkos L1.

How do I add the files of chameleon to the iatkos on USB? just copy and paste? or do I need an another USB especialy for the boot loader.

what I did is Downloaded Iatkos L1 and I used Transmac to to put it on usb. now the bootloader is the problem.. how to go now further please, I am trieng for 2 weeks now day and night. please

18th November, 2012 @ 12:58 am by Rohan

If u can get to another Mac u can use disk utility to restore the IAtkos image to the USB and chameleon will be on it because chameleon is a part if the iAtkos disc

18th November, 2012 @ 3:12 am by Ramon

Sorry Rohan is this the reason for the horrible noise of the loudspeakers?
Then how do I add the 10.7.4 or 10.7.5?

27th November, 2012 @ 3:38 am by JD

The D257 package is corrupt. Please reupload

27th November, 2012 @ 3:16 pm by r4lf

Hello everybody,
I sucessfully got through the first part of your tutorial. But after I insalled the OSX 10.7.4 Combo-Update and replaced the kernel file with the 32-bit version of the one in your zip I cannot boot anymore… I stuck at “[ PCI configuration begin ]“, I tried it with lots of different boot parameters… Which parameters did you use?

27th November, 2012 @ 3:21 pm by r4lf

@JD:
When I unzip the package with “The Unarchiver” it gives me an error with the file “background_1920x1080″, but AFAIK this is nothing fatal… just continue!

27th November, 2012 @ 3:25 pm by r4lf

If someone else got the horrible noise coming out of his speakers: it is an audio feedback because the microphone is always on. you can disable your mike with this fix:
Right-click on System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext, “Show package Contents”, find the Info.plist-File. change the value under “iGain” from 90 to 0, save and run Kext Utility to fix the permissions.

30th November, 2012 @ 6:07 am by JD

Thanks! Tried it again and everything worked perfectly. Installed 10.7.1 with not one issue. Upgraded to 10.7.4 and again flawless. So I took things further and updated to 10.7.5. Everything is running perfect. Thanks again! I have learned a lot

30th November, 2012 @ 2:02 pm by Rohan

Great glad I could help I like when I make a difference

5th December, 2012 @ 5:07 am by boling

Thanks for you update.

9th December, 2012 @ 7:03 pm by Ramon

Hi
The first boot still doesn’t work because of the horrible sound.
r4lf how is it possible to change the options of the speakers in the library during the first boot?
In custom kernels I’ve chosen 11.1.0 (it says it’s for 10.7.1). should be fine, right?
Any other idea how to solve the problem?
Thank you!

13th December, 2012 @ 8:18 pm by Harsha Kulachandra

Hello friends, I’m Harsha Kulachandra from Sri Lanka. I’m interested in Mac OS but apple computers are really expensive. I’ve a hp630 notebook computer. I think there no way to install Mac on it. I searched the web but couldn’t find out. If there is a way to install Mac on it please let me know. Or else, please let me know what the suitable net book or notebook for Mac (Fully Support). If someone can send me a PDF file, Video or power point presentation regarding the installation of Mac on that suitable computer I must be really thankful to you. Please help. Thank you.
Please contact me:- harshakulachandra@ymail.com
My address: – K.K.V.V.H.Kulachandra, Ihala Galpola, Ilukhena, Kuliyapitiya, Colombo, Sri Lanka

21st December, 2012 @ 12:50 am by r4lf

@Ramon: I see no way of fixing the horrible noise *during* the first boot. If I understood your post correctly, you cannot boot because of the feeping noise? Very strange… My AOD257 did boot correctly and I plugged in some Headphones til I fixed the sound. It was only “disturbing”, the sound had no effects on the boot process. I have chosen the same custom Kernel as you (“Patches > Custom Kernels > 11.1.0 Atom Kernel”).
What you can try is to boot a Linux distribution from a stick, edit the “Info.plist”-File inside Linux and reboot into OSX, and hope that your problems are solved, but chances should be really low…
could you describe your problem more precisely?

21st December, 2012 @ 3:42 am by r4lf

@Rohan: Which Broadcom WiFi-Card do you use now? The originally built in Broadcom BCM4313 (aka “BCM94313HMGB/BCM2070/BCM4313″) has no working kexts so I want to buy a new card, perhaps you could give me a hint…

21st December, 2012 @ 5:32 am by Rohan

I use bcm 4311 I got it from a dell inspiron mini 11

23rd December, 2012 @ 1:07 am by sno0wflake

Thank you for your amazing work @Rohan, i managed to get everything up to step 2 of installing the 10.7.4 (I have an Acer 257). The problem there is, that I installed the combo update, but then the Finder crashed and I could not move/repair the kexts… and now it wont boot anymore (stuck at the apple sign). Any suggestions? 10.7.1 worked actually fine.
Almost fine I should say, because I have not been able to connect to any wifi. How can I fix this?

23rd December, 2012 @ 1:12 am by Ramon

@r4lf Thanks, sometimes the obvious things are the ones one doesn’t try out; the thing with the headphones actually worked :) I booted and disabled the microphone (modification of the info.plist file of the voodooHDA.kext). (I cannot really specify my problem any further: there was just an incredibly loud sound that probably would have broken my speakers if I hadn’t turned it off). My question now is whether there is a different way to do this so that I can still use the both the mic and the speakers? How did you do it? Thanks!

23rd December, 2012 @ 3:43 am by Rohan

@sno0wflake thank u, try booting into single user mode and remove and repair the kexts and kernel. Boot into single user mode with -s then type in the commands at the bottom of single user mode then remove crashing kexts then repair. Before u do that though try booting in verbose mode and disabled kernel cache mode with -v -f. If u dnt get thru with verbose mode and u need to use single user mode to repair then ask for the commands and I will post them

23rd December, 2012 @ 3:47 am by Rohan

@ramon try removing the voodoo had kext entirely and using the applehda kext from 10.6.2 it works great in most laptops and compatible if that doesn’t work u can also get the newest voodoohda kext add it also because it doesn’t cause a panic like all the other applehda kexts with voodoohda ( 10.6.2 applehda is the only applehda kext that does not cause panic with voodoohda )

24th December, 2012 @ 1:19 pm by sno0wflake

@Rohan thank u, I had already tried out -v -f and I doesn’t work. So i’d have to try out single user mode and I would be very happy if you could tell me what to do exactly (and post the commands). Merry Christmas! :)

24th December, 2012 @ 9:00 pm by Rohan

Sno0wflake post ur kernel panic so I can see wat kexts need to be replaced

25th December, 2012 @ 5:29 pm by r4lf

@Ramon: I did not (yet) manage to use both the sound output and input, but I do not need a microphone. I will try the method posted by @Rohan, but I f**ed up my system >.<
After installing the 10.7.4 combo update, I followed the steps as described in the tutorial, but I am stuck at *PCI configuration begin*…
I tried to boot with different kernels: the new mach_kernel_atom_64 and mach_kernel_atom_32 from the zip, the 10.7.4 original one, the one which worked with 10.7.1, but no one seems to work after the update, I'm stuck at the same message all the time…
Is it possible to downgrade to 10.7.1 without rebuilding the entire system? Or do you have an other idea?
Thank you for your help and Merry Christmas everybody!

27th December, 2012 @ 10:53 pm by sno0wflake

@Rohan, I’m having the exact same problem as r4lf! stuck at ‘PCI configuration begin’.. here are a couple of lines above this:

Kext org.slice.sensor.X3100 – library kext org.netkas.FakeSMC not compatible with requested version 3.2.0.
Can’t load kext org.slice.sensor.X3100 – failed to resolve library dependencies.
Kext org.slice.sensor.X3100 failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Failed to load kext org.slice.sensor.X3100 (error 0xdc00800e).
Kext org.mozodojo.IntelCPUMonitor – library kext org.netkas.FakeSMC not compatible with requested version 3.1.0.
Can’t load kext org.mozodojo.IntelCPUMonitor – failed to resolve library dependencies.
Kext org.mozodojo.IntelCPUMonitor failed to loead (0xdc00800e)
Failed to load kext org.mozodojo.IntelCPUMonitor (error 0xdc00800e).
NullCPUPowerManagement::init: properties=0xa269ec0
Couldn’t alloc class “F718x”
IntelThermal: Based on code by mercurysquad, superhai (C)2008
Couldn’t alloc class “IT87x”
W836x: found unsupported chip ID=0xfc REVISION=0×11
VoodooPowerMini.kext: [Warning] Unloading

and at the end

MAC Framework sucessfully initialized
using 10485 buffer headers and 7290 cluster IO buffer headers
IOAPIC: Version 0×20 Vectors 64:87
ACPI: System State [S0 S3 S4 S5]
PFM64 (36 cpu) 0xf10000000, 0xf0000000
[PCI configuration begin]

and then it stops doing anything…

2nd January, 2013 @ 4:48 pm by Gianluca

I’m Italian and I’m 13 i see this guide but this guide is bad in my confront ! i don’t make this guide ! is very difficile.
I is very beginner.

16th January, 2013 @ 10:57 pm by Rod

Like JD mentioned Nov. 27th, I’m not able to get a working “Acer D257.zip” from the Link. Anyone a clue?

Thanks!

Rod

17th January, 2013 @ 4:27 am by Francesco

sorry, i didn’t understand the fourth point about 10.7.4 update.
can you explain me better what i have to do? thanks

20th January, 2013 @ 9:43 pm by raggaro5

re-uploaded the file to osx86.net should be all fine now, and this is the most basic straight forward guide i can do in my language try to use translator if not english because english is all i know. The update is straight forward and now instead of 10.7.4 use the same method and just go straight to 10.7.5

20th January, 2013 @ 9:44 pm by raggaro5

i also updated my d257 to 10.7.5 then wiped it and gave it to my wife with windows so im no longer experimenting with this laptop due to i bought a new macbook and this laptop has no qe/ci and i doubt it ever will

31st January, 2013 @ 9:35 pm by Rod

Hi folks,
with disk utility I restored the iAtkos L1 on an USB stick because I don’t have an external DVD drive for the D257.
Although I’m able to choose the USB stick as boot media during start-up, it will not boot but displays this “boot0_error”. Is this because of the USB stick? Do I have to organize a DVD drive?

I’m about to try the same with iAtkos L2… maybe this will help. Anyone experiences with booting from USB sticks instead of DVD drive concerning this tutorial?

Best wishes

31st January, 2013 @ 9:58 pm by Rod

Ha!
I found an installer to modify the iAtkos on my USB stick and now it boots!

Aloha

Rod

31st January, 2013 @ 10:58 pm by Rod

Arrghh, but it does not install…

2nd February, 2013 @ 4:39 am by Greezy

will the internal wifi work following this steps?

2nd February, 2013 @ 4:46 am by Greezy

i have d257 and i want to install mac os ive heard iatkos 10.6.2 works perfectly for most netbooks, the most important thing for me is watching youtube videos or light base video editing, since the gma wont work, will i still be able to do those things without any playback issues? because if not this is useless to me

7th April, 2013 @ 12:59 pm by Ron

hi an thx for the tutorial.

but i have some problems. after install i copy EXTRA folder from the archiv to the Desktop.

you write in the tutorial that i have to create an new EXTRA folder in / but its exist.

What i have to do??

i delete it an create a new one, after that i copy the content of the EXTRA folder on Desktop in the EXTRA folder in root.

after tha i delete the file mach_kernel in root an use the custom x64 kernel an rename it.

in point 10. you write i have to replace the Extra file with the one from the archiv. where ist the file i dont find it.

i use the kext wizard and fix the permission and after that i install the custom applehda.kext

and the i use the permission.txt and restart but i become an error.

chameleon write

couldnt find /System/Library/Cache/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache

so i need help

please

12th May, 2013 @ 4:48 pm by psychopac

can someone provide me link for os x 10.7.1 image file? preferably torrent…

23rd May, 2013 @ 8:24 pm by felip

hello all.
I have an acer aspire one d250 and want to know if someone could install this operating system, be this netbook model please share the guide.
regards

26th May, 2013 @ 4:42 pm by Rod

Finally I managed to install 10.7.1 on my D257! I followed exactly the tutorial.
WiFi did not work so I changed from the build-in “Intel Centrino Wireless-N 100″ to a “Broadcom BCM94312 HMG” which was really easy mechanically. But the “Working Wifi” files did not work. So I found a different kext here:

which works!

Audio works.

The webcam does not work. Anyone succeeded?

Ethernet does not work… anyone an idea?

Will check further an tell.

Best wishes

Rod

8th June, 2013 @ 1:22 pm by Rod

Succeeded with 10.7.4!!!

iCloud does not work yet, but found already workarounds with Google…

Of help was: booting from the iAtkos disc and saving an image of the internal HD. So every time something went wrong I could recover from that working image (10.7.1).

Best

Rod

20th June, 2013 @ 1:10 pm by zquiet

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my weblog so i got here to go back the choose?
.I’m trying to in finding things to improve my web site!I suppose its adequate to make use of a few of your ideas!!

9th July, 2013 @ 10:08 pm by Raj

So far it works great but I was getting audio feedback when I installed the audio kexts. I reinstalled without any audio kexts and everything works but I don’t know which audio kext to install.

I also cannot get my ethernet to work.

Rohan, thank you for such a great guide!

13th July, 2013 @ 5:09 pm by Rod

Hi,
I tried a lot to get my built-in ethernet to work and I’m still searching. The Apple USB-Ethernet-Adapter works…
But I guess I need to succeed with the built-in ethernet to be able to sync with iCloud…
Best
Rod

19th July, 2013 @ 7:46 pm by Tomek

Hi
About D257. Does video out function work under OSX. I wach movies from my Acer on my TV, so I’d like to make sure if it works. Did you try it?

Thanks

10th October, 2013 @ 6:32 pm by Antonio

Hello,
Can someone please explain from the point 9:10.
especially with the EXTRA folder?

complicatedly not, do not understand English well
MANY THANKS

19th January, 2014 @ 3:32 pm by max muster

When i try to start the dvd with mach_atom , i get a kernel panic…

19th January, 2014 @ 5:01 pm by max muster

Works better with iAtkos L2.

17th February, 2014 @ 9:02 pm by Fabrice Chavy

Working wifi kext for Broadcom BCM94312HMG and BCM4312.

21st March, 2014 @ 9:00 pm by Hackintosh Instructions & Tutorials 10.7 | How to instal your Hackintosh

[...] OS X Lion on Acer 523h & D257 Netbooks - A short post that explains how to install OS X 10.7 “Lion” on these netbooks from myMacNetbook. [...]

3rd April, 2014 @ 12:05 pm by fabioprado.net

The media for downloading has never been this easy and quick as it is now.
Virus Barrier X5 is really a popular virus scanner designed for
Mac computers. The free Lyrics Search app can be obtained at the Android Market.

Name
E-mail
Website
© 2014 myMacNetbook.com  |  Designed by Ed Gain  |  Hosted by CatN  |  Part of the InsanelyMac family