page indicator
Tweet InsanelyMac on Twitter
full screen | fixed width

Our Mac OS X Netbook Compatibility Chart has been updated. Many thanks to all our visitors for their input and feedback, we have more changes coming. Here’s a summary of what’s been added and updated:

• Broke down Acer Aspire One into separate models
  • Added Asus Eee PC 900HA
  • Added Asus N10
  • Added Gateway LT2005u
  • Added LG X130
  • Added Toshiba NB100
  • Updated Dell Mini 10 – now works!
  • Updated Lenovo S12 – now has Bluetooth & power management working

We’re still keen to have your feedback, if you’ve got any further information on getting Mac OS X working on your netbook and we haven’t covered it, please drop us a comment below and let us know!

29 Comments
25th April, 2010 @ 10:26 pm by Mikey d

Looks like some great work there and some super comprehensive guides found here. If I would have only found this site before I bought my netbook, I would have gone with something different then the Asus Eee PC 1005PE.. Until someone gets that netbook figured out, I guess I have to stick with Win 7…..ugh

26th April, 2010 @ 5:01 pm by Ed

@Mikey d – I’ve literally just updated the chart to account for the 1005PE, check it out, there’s a link to a site I found which may shed some light on getting OS X to work on your netbook…

26th April, 2010 @ 8:49 pm by Mikey d

Thanks for the update. I checked it out, and the 2 things I really need, Wifi and Ethernet are still lacking. Guess it is time to pony up for the Dell Mini 10V like I should have done in the first place.

Thanks for the quick add into the compatibility chart. You just saved me a bunch of hours of work and frustration tonight :)

28th April, 2010 @ 7:59 pm by johnny Styx

The Samsung NC10 is working with 10.6 with all but the stock wifi card working by the way.

28th April, 2010 @ 9:10 pm by Ed

@johnny – any sources to back this up? or is this from your own experience? can you confirm that USB, video-out, trackpad and cardreader work? Thanks johnny!

29th April, 2010 @ 10:54 am by Tom

could you please add screen size? i’m looking for a device with bigger screen, but still cheap device

29th April, 2010 @ 12:46 pm by johnny Styx

@ Ed, I have all of these working, however with vga out you just need to switch off mirroring. a fully working img of 10.2 has been posted on http://www.mystiquemac.com/forum/ and there is also a guide to updating to 10.3 perfectly. hope this helps those with an NC10 who wish to have a OSX netbook.

29th April, 2010 @ 2:26 pm by netbookfan

Hi, first of all soorry for my bed english… I have one “Q10 Air” (from Austria), what similar is with Advent 4213 in UK. I have succesfull installed iPC 10.5.6. Works great. Dualboot with W7 and OSX Leo,bootloader Chameleon V2.
Works: 1024×600 video (GMA950), sound, ethernet, wifi (With Realtek driver,no Airport), Bluetooth, short keys for sound, and light. Wifi, bluetooth and 3G can i turn on only under W7, then reboot.

(Atom N270, 2GB, 160GB)

6th May, 2010 @ 5:24 pm by 1201n

Love the site – thanks!! Might want to update the compatibility chart showing wired networking now works on 1201n!

9th May, 2010 @ 4:59 am by netbooknewbie

Anyone know about the compatibility of the Gateway/Acer NAV50?

9th May, 2010 @ 5:00 am by netbooknewbie

Also known as Gateway LT 2102H

12th May, 2010 @ 5:00 am by macnub

I can’t access the ASUS 900A guide. It tells me that I am not an invited user. How do I get invited?

14th May, 2010 @ 8:19 pm by MyX

Which is the lightest and smallest one supporting PowerPoint presentations from USB wireless remote. And I mean much ligther than the MacBook Air.

25th May, 2010 @ 5:31 pm by Fábio Oliveira

Hello everybody,
I hope to climb Mac OSX on my Samsung n210.

Very good blog!

1st June, 2010 @ 7:45 pm by Jean-Marc

Hello,

I saw that the mini dell 10 is working, are you meaning the 1012 ?

2nd June, 2010 @ 1:45 pm by admin

@Jean-Marc The actual 1010 is now working – see the link in the compatibility chart for more info!

4th June, 2010 @ 6:18 am by Steve

Any chance of showing the graphics chipset for each netbook? I’td be great to be able to see at a glance what the status of mac os on ion based netbooks vs intel gma950.

16th June, 2010 @ 11:26 am by Rhycel

How come Dell 1012 is not included in the list?

23rd June, 2010 @ 6:07 am by Rhycel

Sleep works on Dell 1012 running OSX 10.6.4 at least on mine..

QE/CI = does not work… if it does as listed here can you point me to the fix.It’s one of the two things I’m trying to get to work, video out being the other one.

TIA

23rd June, 2010 @ 9:01 pm by Dupi

what about the Dell Mini 12. which instructions do i follow? thanks

7th July, 2010 @ 12:52 am by Matthew

What about laptops? I would like to have OSX on a larger screen. I would think a laptop from HP would work but… I would like to be sure before I invest money on it (I am not able to make my own hackintosh software yet).

20th July, 2010 @ 10:14 am by step2008

The compatibility chart about the HP Mini 5101 is just WRONG. I bought one, only to find that Ethernet and WLAN don’t work.

2nd August, 2010 @ 10:01 pm by John Doe

Don’t know if this is still worth reporting, since the model is also end of lived now, but here is my compatibility report for the Samsung N130 (should be valid for the N140 which shares the same hardware).

Bluetooth: N/A (no bt on the N130)
Wireless: Not supported (need to replace the card)
Ethernet: Supported
USB: Supported
Sound: Supported
Audio I/O: Supported
QE/CI: Supported
Video out: Not supported
Trackpad: Supported
Sleep: Not supported
Power Management: Supported
Card Reader: Supported

Mine is running X.6.3 and works like a charm.

Thank you.

4th August, 2010 @ 12:51 pm by Ed

@John Doe – thanks, have updated the chart with your data!

19th August, 2010 @ 1:36 pm by daniel

I’m also curious as to where the data for the HP Mini 5101 comes from. I’ve been working for a few months on getting one turned into a Hackintosh – no luck with wifi, LAN, sleep

7th September, 2010 @ 2:08 pm by Marcel P

Does it work with 10.6.2 wich was including to my Imac?
Greeting from germany and great guide!

30th December, 2010 @ 12:14 am by dorian

Great chart. Thank you. Is there any issue with using a Snow Leopard disc that was previously used to install Snow Leopard on a Mac?

12th January, 2011 @ 5:40 pm by Alexey

I have netbook ASUS EeePC1001
the sound High Definition Audio
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_10438437&REV_1001,
wifi Atheros AR2427 Wireless Network Adapter
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002C&SUBSYS_11121A3B&REV_01
well and video Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A011&SUBSYS_83AC1043&REV_00 does not work properly .
For earlier it is grateful for the help

12th January, 2011 @ 5:45 pm by Alexey

ASUS EeePC1001px

Name
E-mail
Website
© 2014 myMacNetbook.com  |  Designed by Ed Gain  |  Hosted by CatN  |  Part of the InsanelyMac family