page indicator
Tweet InsanelyMac on Twitter
full screen | fixed width

As mentioned on our sister site, InsanelyMac, Apple has released the latest update to Mac OS X via Software Update. The 10.6.3 update weighs in at a hefty 763 MB.

If you’ve installed using NetbookInstaller & NetbookBootMaker then head please ensure you head on over to Meklort’s blog to check out the latest release candidates of the handy applications, now at version 0.8.4 RC1. Note that as the update is quite large, running NetbookInstaller after you’ve applied the 10.6.3 update may take quite a while – it is recommended that you disable sleep prior to running NetbookInstaller post-update.

Note that Meklort is also looking for testers, so please volunteer yourself if you’re able to aid with testing.

19 Comments
29th March, 2010 @ 8:15 pm by Claudio Cerasoli

What happens if I didnt use the NBI for the OSX installation? I entered the commands in terminal directly, and everything in my 1000HE is working in 10.6.1, can I use the new NBI for the 10.6.3 update? or will it break my current installation?

29th March, 2010 @ 9:02 pm by mR_bLakK

is there actually support for the Atom-CPU family???

30th March, 2010 @ 4:28 am by mini9user

I am getting kernel panics on a Dell Mini 9 after installing 10.6.3 and I am using NetbookInstaller/NetbookBootMaker 0.8.4 RC1.

30th March, 2010 @ 9:15 am by mR_bLakK

maybe you could post your logfiles to the generals forum, cause maybe its not just dell related.

30th March, 2010 @ 3:53 pm by maiconosx

I’ve found a boot loader that enables vanilla kernel for Atom CPUs (Celeron 450 also) and it works with the new kernel 10.3.0

(Credits to Insanelywind Forum and Dalton63841)

30th March, 2010 @ 10:13 pm by mini9user

I got 10.6.3 to work fine on my Dell Mini 9. I made the mistake of not installing NetbookInstaller (NBI) 0.8.4 RC1 before I installed the update. I was still using NBI 0.8.3. Installing NBI 0.8.4 RC1 after the fact from a bootable USB stick does not fix the issue. I had to reinstall 10.6, run NBI 0.8.4 RC1 and then install the updates like I normally would from Software Update and everything worked flawlessly.

1st April, 2010 @ 12:22 pm by mariner

I have a “fresh” dell mini 10V on order, i’m not sure what steps to take to properly and easily incorporate 10.6.3 into the install directions. Can you please help me? will there be a “new” guide posted? thanks you

1st April, 2010 @ 2:59 pm by Tevvie

Dear Ed Gain,

Sorry i comment on this blog item. But the compatibility chart isn’t right when it comes to the HP Compaq 311c. Stock WiFi doesn’t work, please edit this.

Thanks in advance!

2nd April, 2010 @ 4:22 am by Jean-Francois

Nothing wrong with my Mini10v Nickelodeon.
Installed Snow Leopard with NetbookBootMaker 0.8.3.

I did the jump from 10.6.0 to 10.6.3 with system updates and NetbookInstaller 0.8.4 RC1. And everything went fine. BE PATIENT!
On restart you will see the NetbookInstaller Icon instead of the regular grey apple and it can take quite long before the restart is complete.

Everything work, sound, graphics etc etc.

5th April, 2010 @ 6:25 pm by Jean-Francois

Wait!!!

Wait before you upgrade to 10.6.3

on “mydellmini.com” lots of people reported to have problems with sound card not being recognized and other problems with Photoshop Cs3 not launching.

Those problems are not exclusive to the Hackingtosh community, they happend to Regular Mac users too.

6th April, 2010 @ 9:36 am by Knobsi

this adobe cs thing is related to the serial number of smbios.plist

reduce thefigures as you know you can type what you want and after deleting caches repairing permissions and a new combo update…. voilà

cs3 runs again !!

cheers, knobsi

10th April, 2010 @ 6:26 pm by max

when i did the update it rebooted and seemed to wipe the hdd, strange, maybe a virus? i ame reinstalling and will try again (i have a advent 4211 wit 2gb am and 500gb hdd)

6th May, 2010 @ 11:52 am by world28

Install of a retailed snow leopard 10.6.3 with latest NBI works like a charm for DELL mini 10v with Atom processor N270. It is almost totally straighforward. Impressive !

11th June, 2010 @ 2:33 am by Cam

Will the wifi in my hp mini 110-1197tu work if i update to 10.6.3?

20th July, 2010 @ 1:01 pm by Hakan Dinler

I m ready to intall mac os x 10.6.3 or 10.6.4 I have HP Mini 1000-1150NR
from USA version with 3G modem.

5th May, 2011 @ 7:10 pm by kostenlose sexkontakte

Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and help others like you aided me.

16th September, 2011 @ 5:22 am by roofing sheets

for the person who posted last night re the cost of steel sheet ,it realy depends where you go to buy it, galvinized is around £740 per metric ton and standard is around £650 per ton- hope this helps

26th January, 2013 @ 12:58 pm by pmr

i hope 2 give something back & help others lyk u aided me.and looking nice dis pic.dat’s it.

20th June, 2013 @ 11:49 am by chanel

それをすべて持っています要素は品質顧客。専門職の女性状況ドレッシーな摩耗場合セミフォーマルにシナリオ。それいた銀バッグのような形を灯台とすべての繁体香水瓶のように見えた屋内での開催の場合。–chanel

Name
E-mail
Website
© 2014 myMacNetbook.com  |  Designed by Ed Gain  |  Hosted by CatN  |  Part of the InsanelyMac family