page indicator
Tweet InsanelyMac on Twitter
full screen | fixed width

Here we’ll guide you through all the necessary steps to get Mac OS X Snow Leopard installed on your Dell Mini 9 netbook, including updating it safely to 10.6.2.

Requirements:

• Dell Mini 9 with at least 8GB of hard disk space
  • Mac OS X Snow Leopard retail disc
  • Intel-based Mac with DVD-ROM drive and USB port
  • 8GB or larger external USB drive (hard disk or flash drive)
  • NetbookBootMaker
  • NetbookInstaller

On your Mac with DVD-ROM drive and USB port:

1. Insert the Mac OS X Snow Leopard retail disc into the Mac’s DVD drive, and connect the external USB drive to the Mac too.
  2. If your Mac is running Mac OS X 10.6 or later then launch the ‘Disk Utility’ application located in your ‘Utilities’ folder, and skip to step 7. Else, proceed to the next step.
  3. Double-click on ‘Mac OS X Install DVD’ and then double click the ‘Install Mac OS X’ icon.
    2009-09-24_1819
  4. Click the ‘Utilities’ button.
    2009-09-24_1820
  5. Click the ‘Restart’ button. The Mac will now boot from the Mac OS X Snow Leopard retail disc.
    2009-09-24_1840
  6. Once you’ve selected your language, click on the ‘Utilities’ menu and select ‘Disk Utilitiy…’.
  7. Select the external USB drive in the left-hand column, ensure that you click on the parent icon which states the drive capacity, e.g. “931.5 GB”.
    2009-09-24_1847
  8. Select the ‘Partition’ tab and then under “Volume Scheme:” click on ‘Current’ and change it to ’1 Partition’.
    2009-09-24_1850
  9. Change ‘Name:’ to “OSXDVD” and ensure that ‘Format:’ is set to “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)”.
    2009-09-24_1855
  10. Click ‘Options…’, select “Master Boot Record” and then click ‘OK’.
    2009-09-24_1856
  11. Click ‘Apply’ and then ‘Partition’ and give the Mac a moment to format your USB drive and create the new partition.
    2009-09-24_1857
  12. Next we need to copy Snow Leopard to the USB drive: select the ‘Restore’ tab.
    2009-09-24_1902
  13. From the left-hand pane, click and drag the ‘Mac OS X Install DVD’ icon to the ‘Source:’ field and release.
    2009-09-24_1904
  14. From the left-hand pane, click and drag the ‘OSXDVD’ icon to the ‘Destination:’ field and release.
    2009-09-24_1905
  15. Tick the ‘Erase destination’ box, then click the ‘Restore’ button and then click ‘Erase’. Allow between half an hour to 2 hours for the copy to complete.
    2009-09-24_1906
  16. Once complete, if you skipped to step 7 at step 2 in this guide, you can now skip to step 19. Else, proceed to the next step.
  17. Quit ‘Disk Utility’ and from the ‘Utilities’ menu, select ‘Startup Disk…’.
  18. Select the Mac’s normal startup disk, click ‘Restart…’ and then click the ‘Restart’ button. The Mac will now reboot from its hard disk.
    2009-09-24_1910
  19. Launch the ‘NetbookBootMaker’ application and from the select menu labelled ‘Select USB Partition:’ select the USB drive which is now titled ‘Mac OS X Install DVD’ and then click ‘Prepare Boot Drive’ (you’ll be prompted for the Mac Administrator’s username and password).
    2009-09-24_2034
  20. Once complete, you can eject the USB drive and disconnect it from the Mac.

On your Dell Mini 9:

1. Before we start installing we should set up the BIOS for the Dell Mini 9: turn on the Dell Mini 9 and at the point where the Dell logo appears, press ’2′ for setup.
  2. You are now in the Dell Mini 9′s BIOS. Press the right arrow key once to move to the ‘Advanced’ tab.
    2009-09-24_2100
  3. Ensure that the option ‘USB BIOS Legacy Support’ is set to ‘Enabled’ – if not, select it using the arrow keys, hit ‘enter’, select ‘Enabled’ and hit ‘enter’ again.
    2009-09-24_2110
  4. Ensure that the option ‘USB Wake Support’ is set to ‘Disabled’ – if not, select it using the arrow keys, hit ‘enter’, select ‘Disabled’ and hit ‘enter’ again.
  5. At this point, connect the USB drive to the Dell Mini 9 and power on the USB drive.
  6. Press ‘F10′ (key combination on Dell Mini 9 keyboard is ‘Fn’ and ‘;’) and then select ‘Yes’ and hit ‘enter’ to save & confirm these changes to the BIOS: the Dell Mini 9 will reboot and as soon as the Dell logo comes up press ’0′ for boot options and you’ll be presented with a ‘Boot Menu’ of drives to boot from.
    2009-09-24_2120
  7. Select ‘+USB Storage’ and hit ‘enter’. The Dell Mini 9 will now boot into Mac OS X Snow Leopard from the USB drive!
    2009-09-24_2130
  8. Once you’ve selected your language, click on the ‘Utilities’ menu and select ‘Disk Utilitiy…’.
  9. Select the Dell Mini 9′s internal (SSD) drive in the left-hand column, ensure that you click on the parent icon which states the drive capacity, e.g. “64.11 GB”.
    2009-09-24_2200
  10. Select the ‘Partition’ tab and then under “Volume Scheme:” click on ‘Current’ and change it to ’1 Partition’.
    2009-09-24_2210
  11. Ensure that ‘Format:’ is set to “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)”.
    2009-09-24_2215
  12. Click ‘Options…’, select “GUID Partition Table” and then click ‘OK’.
    2009-09-24_2220
  13. Click ‘Apply’ and then ‘Partition’ and give the Dell Mini 9 a moment to format your hard disk and create the new partition.
    2009-09-24_2230
  14. Once complete, quit ‘Disk Utiltiy’.
  15. Configure your installation as you would on your normal Mac and let the installation run, and then that’s it!

Update to 10.6.2:

1. Run the ‘NetbookInstaller’ application and click ‘Install’.
  2. Run ‘Software Update’ and update to 10.6.2.
  3. Restart your Dell Mini 9.

76 Comments
26th March, 2010 @ 12:13 am by Matt V

Internal microphone does not work. You should update the chart.

26th March, 2010 @ 12:15 am by Ed

@ Matt V – noted, think we need microphone on a separate column, will get this sorted, thanks for the heads up!

26th March, 2010 @ 2:39 am by Jack

How, or do, the above steps change if I already followed Gizmodo’s How To: Hackintosh a Dell Mini 9 Into the Ultimate OS X Netbook and am running 10.5.6? Thanks

26th March, 2010 @ 12:48 pm by mohamednazmi

There’s a whole community dedicated to the Dell Mini (including howtos, hacks and mods) over at mydellmini.com.

26th March, 2010 @ 12:55 pm by Michael Rose

I see you’ve added the microphone column, but you say it DOES work. Who is right?

26th March, 2010 @ 3:06 pm by Keegan

Any reason why the 4th step requires you to boot into the DVD? All that disk utility stuff can be done inside OS X without needing to wait to boot into the slow DVD.

27th March, 2010 @ 7:02 am by Tweets that mention Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on Dell Mini 9 Guide -- Topsy.com

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Brandon Smith, Jikon Lai. Jikon Lai said: something to do…?!?? http://ping.fm/zmAJq [...]

30th March, 2010 @ 11:07 am by Ed

@Jack That guide for 10.5.6 is using the Type11 bootloader and not NetbookInstaller, so personally I would recommend backing up your files externally and then performing a fresh install of 10.6 on your Dell Mini 9 using our guide which use NetbookInstaller, and then copy your files back across.

@Michael nooo we haven’t, upon reflection, it’s a bit confusing cos I’m using the microphone icon for Audio In/Out, so they still need to separated – it will be done!

@Keegan I wrote it this way because if your Mac that you’re formatting the USB hard disk with is on an OS older than Snow Leopard (i.e. Leopard 10.5) then you can’t format the hard disk as Master Boot Record format. However, I agree with your challenge, most people are probably on Snow Leopard, so I’ll amend the guide to cater for this. Thanks for bringing to my attention!

3rd April, 2010 @ 2:07 pm by ArtVandelay

Can I use these same steps if I want to install Leopard 10.5 on my netbook? My MBP has SnowLeopard installed and I occasionally run into compatibility issues and would prefer one system to still run 10.5.

6th April, 2010 @ 8:10 pm by Tommy

I got stuck in bootups after I ran the latest software updates. Heads up!

7th April, 2010 @ 3:15 pm by jikon

I created a USB with Mac OS X 10.6.0 and NetbookBootMaker 0.8.4 RC1. The installation was successful on my Dell Mini 9.

If I wanted to update this system to 10.6.2 (not 10.6.3) by downloading the combo update directly from Apple, will it work? Do I also have to apply/run NBI? If yes, which version, 0.8.3 or 0.8.4 RC1? Do I run NBI before or after the system update?

Thanks in advance.

7th April, 2010 @ 3:52 pm by Please help with updating from 10.6.0 to 10.6.2

[...] the Mac OS X installer and NetbookBootMaker 0.8.4 RC1, and then following the instructions here: Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on Dell Mini 9 Guide The installation was successful. The machine booted and I have a working (as far as I can tell) [...]

8th April, 2010 @ 5:39 am by Mitchell Wittenberg

Thanks so much for this guide! I had been searching for a long time before I found this lovely little child of the OSx86 Project. I’m surprised this guide wasn’t referred to anywhere on the wiki.

Anyways, I know 10.6.2 only came out a few days ago, but if/when a safe update path is avaible you’ll let us know here correct?

8th April, 2010 @ 5:40 am by Mitchell Wittenberg

Anyways, I know 10.6.3 only came out a few days ago, but if/when a safe update path is avaible you’ll let us know here correct?

9th April, 2010 @ 9:21 pm by Thomas Kachadurian

Netbookbootmaker 0.8.4 quits on my mac running 10.5.8. Will it only work with 10.6?

I tried using bet netbookbootmaker 0.8.3 but when I put the drive in the USB I get the message “operating system not found”

I’m using a 16GB SD card in a card reader. Might that be it?

Thanks.

Tom

10th April, 2010 @ 3:53 pm by Thomas Kachadurian

I used a USB external drive and it’s up and running. Updated to 10.6.3 and I’m the envy of my whole family.

Only one problem, it won’t wake from sleep. any ideas?

12th April, 2010 @ 1:33 pm by Ed

@ArtVandelay Yes 10.5 should also work fine with this guide

12th April, 2010 @ 7:48 pm by Leonardo

Dear Thomas, if you DISABLE “Legacy USB Support” on your BIOS, it will work. The other “Wake on USB” option in the BIOS should remain disabled.

17th April, 2010 @ 6:20 pm by Tyrone

I successfully made a hackintosh out of my HP Mini 1000. I, a windows user, became so intrigued with OSX I ended up buying a Macbook later on.

19th April, 2010 @ 8:25 pm by Vinh Nguyen

So what’s the performance like? Thinking about installing the mac os on gf’s netbook, but i don’t want to do it if it is super slow. Let me know what you guys are getting.

Also, my gf’s netbook has 8gb. After the install, how much free space do you think would be left?

26th April, 2010 @ 4:57 pm by Minihack

Performance is great for simple stuff don’t do video editing and don’t buy it to watch movies on or you’ll be frustrated!. Fast boot, great web cruiser and tiny. Everything works (wifi, bt, 3G (even 3G GPS), webcam, full audio etc.).
The std install method needs you to have a larger than 8GB free space to install- Snow Leopard itself won’t let you install to less than about 8.1GB even though the final install space used is nearer to 5GB. There are workarounds by doing an install to a larger USB disk and then cloning the final install to the Mini. I use an 8GB disk and have about 2GB spare (plus the SD slot which you can use for all your documents and music).

27th April, 2010 @ 11:08 pm by David

Thanks – Your guide is A1+++++.
Do you think I can install updates to 10.6.3 without any problems? I have not done any updates yet.

21st May, 2010 @ 8:57 am by Saydatif

Help please!!! I have OSX installed correctly but right after the bootup screen with the apple logo I only get blank gray screen but I hear the audio introduction. What am I missing here? Mini 9 with 1GB RAM, 16GB SSD, and BIOS A5. Thanks!

21st May, 2010 @ 9:31 am by Help!! Blank screen but hear Intro music after installing Snow Leopard

[...] Hi everyone! I need help please!!! I have OSX installed. I used the method available on Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on Dell Mini 9 Guide from the hackintosh.com website. All went right until the end of the installation. I did the [...]

7th June, 2010 @ 6:18 pm by EDS

I am having trouble with the install. I have the mini 10 with Z530 processor.
I get to the disc utility on the mini, the only my scandisk media comes up not the parent drive. Wrong version of netbookmaker?

8th June, 2010 @ 10:29 am by Alastair Soutar

Hi followed you step by step (but I am using only Leopard) Its all goes well until I do the install on my Dell. It get to between 10 and 7 minutes and then I get the grey box coming up saying that I need to restart your computer. The install never finishes

Thanks

20th June, 2010 @ 3:53 pm by Jack Wee

Thanks for a wonderful guide. Been able to run Mac OS10.5 but need some help with the following -

1) Dont seem to be able to get the Netbook Installer to locate the target. (no drop down from menu) Tried all versions available

2) Two finger scroll does not work

3) Not able to mount any software downloaded from the net.

I am installing MAC 0S 10.5 on a Dell Mini 9 8GB SSD>

THanks in advance for the advice.

20th June, 2010 @ 3:55 pm by Jack Wee

any where i can get a step to step guide on cloning the updates be putting it back onto the Mini 9

10th September, 2010 @ 8:32 pm by Hackintosh.com | The Computer Virus Center

[...] Snow Leopard on a Dell Mini 9, Dell Mini v10, and HP Mini 1000 (or Compaq Mini 700) – Detailed and easy-to-follow guides from myMacNetbook.com, an InsanelyMac spin-off. [...]

24th September, 2010 @ 2:23 am by James Vaglia

The forums don’t have a audio captia for voiceover users. It would be cool if IOS darwin could be run on a netbook, would almost be a Ipad killer?

14th December, 2010 @ 12:41 am by user127

I created a Dell Mini 9 Hackentosh using the Gizmodo Type11 procedure. Everything works except sleep – I have to power-off/reboot to get it to “wake”. I tried all of the suggestions from mydellmini.com to no avail.

I’d like to try again, from scratch, using this procedure, but with my OSX 10.5 DVD – will it work? Or MUST I go with Snow Leopard?

20th December, 2010 @ 8:31 pm by runes06

I’ve tried installing with 10.6.3 retail dvd for the last 5 hours and keeps getting failed installation.

Any advise?

11th February, 2011 @ 4:15 am by piperbarb

Installed OS 10.6.3 from a retail DVD onto my dell mini 9, w/ 2gb RAM; 16gb ssd. Everything works perfectly except sleep, but I can live with that. I installed OSX using the guide from this Web site. It worked like a champ. I have also been able to install iWork ’09, iLife ’11 (except garage band and iDVD), and Office 2011. The install guide was very easy to follow and I had no problems with the install. It even sees my file server without any problems.

I was wondering if it is possible to update 10.6.3 to 10.6.6 and what additional things do I need to do to get it to work.

Thanks for a great guide.

4th March, 2011 @ 5:43 pm by chewed

for those who dont have a retail mac DVD, can someone suggest or link a place to get it. Other than the MAC store :)

9th March, 2011 @ 12:49 pm by tryn&tryn

Tryn for the 5th, 6th…7th? time installing w/the retail 10.6.6 SL. Will it work, or am I better off getting a hold of an older version & updating?
Thanks for the guide, and thanks for any advice. Greeeeetz from Japan! Arigato! K. (^-^)

9th March, 2011 @ 3:30 pm by tryn&tryn

Persistance pays..Reloaded the disc, updated to the newest version of NBBM & followed the steps down the yellow brick road. (^-^)/
Install successful! Repairing permissions via Disc Utility right now & all looks goooooood!
thanks again for the GREAT guide!
Domo Arigato!!!

10th March, 2011 @ 10:36 pm by jos

I installed 10.6.0 successfully multiple times from my retail disc using the tutorial on this page – but I can’t get my wifi to work – any thoughts? Thanks!

10th March, 2011 @ 11:43 pm by jos

Got it. It kept failing when I used the 0.8.5 NetbookInstaller. I tried it again with the 0.8.4 and it worked like a charm!

25th March, 2011 @ 7:48 am by Deepal rmpinfotec

thanks a lot for the help. This really worked except the mic. I hope that will be sorted out soon

30th March, 2011 @ 10:21 pm by chris

Hey, I just purchased a dell mini and I am trying to put os x on it. Does this tutorial work for leopard as well?

23rd April, 2011 @ 3:10 am by Doug Allen

Up and running! Thanks so much for the walk-through. VERY helpful!
Cheers

23rd April, 2011 @ 3:25 am by Doug Allen

Any thoughts on getting the camera and mic to work? Trying to use Skype.

24th April, 2011 @ 6:38 pm by Dell inspiron 1545 Installation Mac OSX Snow Leopard questions

[...] + MultiBeast: Install Mac OS X on any Intel-based PC Or this one even if its for a dell mini : Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on Dell Mini 9 Guide Is there a specific guide for dell inspiron 1545 pcs ? or for dell laptops ? Thanks for your [...]

26th April, 2011 @ 9:55 pm by Jason Quintana

Hey, thank you so so so much for this! I went to Best Buy and purchased OS X 10.6.3 for really cheap. Anyways I got everything to work except the audio. I tried updating but then after I restart, I get the “grey screen of death” upon booting. Audio is the only thing I need for this to be a complete success. Please reply with any help you can give me. Thanks!

10th May, 2011 @ 1:34 am by Dell mini 9

[...] Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on Dell Mini 9 Guide Make it so [...]

14th May, 2011 @ 9:09 am by Miss Pixel

PERFECT instructions—everything worked on the first try. Much smoother and less complicated than the Gizmodo Type11 Leopard (10.5) install. Now I can run anything! Fabulous! Thank you SO much.

17th May, 2011 @ 3:04 pm by xqee

HI, WHICH NETBOOK BOOTMAKER/INSTALLER DOES ONE USE TO INSTALL SNOW LEOPARD? WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?
THANKS

17th May, 2011 @ 3:08 pm by xqee

ALSO,FORGOT TO MENTION, THE VERSION I’VE JUST BOUGHT IS 10.6.3, WILL THIS WORK THE SAME AS THE STEPS ABOVE? ANY STEPS I NEED TO CHANGE OR ADAPT?
THANKS.

10th June, 2011 @ 4:05 pm by brlipert

Hi, my Dell Mini 9 has a 8 GB SSD, which means I can’t install Snow Leopard (it requires a minimum of 8.1 GB to install, even though it apparently takes up less space once installed. I was able to successfully follow the directions and install everything on an external USB hard drive (as suggested by a commenter above). Everything seems to work great when booting off the external drive, but I can’t seem to be able to clone that drive back onto the Mini 9′s SSD. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

13th August, 2011 @ 8:04 pm by Lee

YOU ROCK!!! THis was the easiest install method ever! Worked without a hitch!

Now I am doing the 10.6.8 cumulative update, hope it works! LOL

13th August, 2011 @ 9:09 pm by Lee

Did the d steps, and it went throught the whole thing, then at the end it said an unexpected error occurred, no updates were performed. then it rebooted and ran some recovery scripts, and just goes back and forthe between a blue screen and a orion nebula wallpaper!
I suppose I’ll just start over from the beginning. I don’t know how I’ll do the update though. :(

25th August, 2011 @ 8:45 pm by Kamenko

I created USB, booted from it on my Mini 9 and run Disk Utility but Mini’s SSD was not on the list of available drives.
I had only USB drive and few partitions of 10 MB that I assume are temporary partitions created by install. Help please.

30th August, 2011 @ 10:24 am by Dan

Dell Mini 9v Mac OS 10.6. Internal microphone fix

1. Download link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2377323/Mini9SoundPatch.zip
2. Go in Finder to the Go menu, and select “Go To Folder”
3. Paste this: /Extra/Mini9Ext/
4. Paste the 2 kexts (ALC268.kext / AppleHDA.kext) from downloaded folder (ignore the rest) into that folder. You will need to input your password.
5. Go in Finder to the Go menu, and select “Go To Folder”
6. Paste this: /Extra/
7. Run UpdateExtra application
8. Reboot and you’re done.

9th September, 2011 @ 4:21 pm by GMAC

Thank you for posting a great step-by-step guide that worked like a charm (Mini 9, 16GB, 1GB) and thanks to Dan for the fix that got the mic working. I used a 10.6.0 disk and am very content to stay there, but although I know Software Update is pretty much Verboten, can you download an updated version of iTunes? Since 10.6.0 came with iTunes 8 it blocks you from entering the store unless you update to 10.3. And since I have this thread going, is there any other apple apps that are safe/not safe to install? thanks guys!

23rd September, 2011 @ 7:05 pm by What OS should I use? - Page 4

[...] 06:05 PM I followed this tutorial, with some changes. This is what I recommend: 1) Follow the tutorial to create a bootable [...]

5th November, 2011 @ 12:12 am by Querying Snow Leopard Install

[...] 10.6.3, then use it to create a bootable USB install drive from a retail DVD of 10.6.3 according to this guide or others like it. Then you can install 10.6.3 onto your Mini 9 from the USB. If you are [...]

7th November, 2011 @ 7:30 pm by Help!! What should i do?

[...] easiest way to install OS X is to use a 16 GB USB drive and follow the many guides out there, like this one. It's what I did. #1: Obsidian Black Mini 9 | 2 GB Kingston HyperX CL3 | 32 GB Runcore IV | [...]

16th November, 2011 @ 12:40 pm by Paul Langley

This guide is a wonderful resource and I thank all involved. I really appreciate having the great Dell mini 9 as a truly portable, rugged machine along with my Apple brand computers. I wouldnt have had the confidence to try it without this great guide you have all produced.

7th December, 2011 @ 2:37 am by scott

this seems like the most straightforward, non-tech-geek lingo laden how-to I’ve seen anywhere on the web. Thanks for that.
I have an older dell mini 9
Model Name: Mac
Model Identifier: Inspiron 910
Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz
Capacity: 57.4 GB
Model: STEC PATA 64GB

I have mac osx 10.5.7 running and have been happy.
Now I want snow leopard – guessing that is the max I can do.

So, please, can you help?
Do I follow basics how-to as above and then …. how to update from 10.6.2 to 10.6.8?

any help will make an old man really happy!

Scott

7th December, 2011 @ 4:59 pm by scott

I can’t get a hold of a Snow Leopard “disc”, but what if I have the .dmg downloaded? Can I use your how-to guide with that?

Help.

Scott

9th December, 2011 @ 6:53 pm by Mas

Thanks for the great guide. My previous os 10.5.7 system became corrupt, so I needed to reload the system. Prior to problems, I could watch Netflix movies but now videos are pretty choppy. Is there a problem with Silverlight? Youtube videos play fine.
Thanks!

13th December, 2011 @ 10:30 pm by Sebastian Salm

Hello,
I have Leopard 10.5 installed on my Dell mini9.
It worked well for several months but now the screen only displays: bootO: done_ , the underscore flashes on/off.
Can someone please help.
Sebastian

2nd January, 2012 @ 5:45 am by Heavyrain, Seo

What a wonderful guide!!!
Great thanks for your effort.
I install OSX 10.6 successfully on my Mini 9 and I’m installing xCode.
Happy New Year for everyone.

11th March, 2012 @ 6:44 am by GMAC

Update: Still running good and have been able to update iTunes by downloading it from the web site, not through Software Update. As of this post running iTunes 10.6. Do yourself a favor and max out the ram to 2GB. Runs fine under 1GB but the extra helps once you start using it a lot. Great little machine. Good luck folks!

13th April, 2012 @ 1:15 pm by aulamedia

Dell mini 9 (2Gb, Runcore 32Gb)
!0.6.8 is no go. Stopped at 10.6.7, Works very well, maybe a good point to stop.
Did anyone went further?

11th October, 2012 @ 11:49 am by sean

what disc is used retail or one of these hackintosh ones? thanx

18th November, 2012 @ 11:16 pm by Lance Wright

Great instructions! I am curious if I’m missing something as far as the webcam.

The Mac doesn’t recognise it.

21st November, 2012 @ 1:41 am by hal027

Unitl 10.6.8 works perfect all, cam, micro and bluetooth.
Check my post in myDellmini forums, user hal027.
opu can find instructions for the mic problem.

28th November, 2012 @ 6:23 pm by Rob

hi, Just installed 10.6.3 onto my dell mini 9. How do I get it to update further so I can get the app store. Any help would be grateful

24th December, 2012 @ 7:26 am by Jack

I agree. Would like to upgrade past 10.6.2. Can someone please detail how to do that?

26th February, 2013 @ 6:06 am by Turtle

Came across a Dell Mini for $60. Bought a new 16G usb drive for $10. Had an old Leopard install disc kicking around that I almost threw out about a year ago cause I figured ‘what would I ever use it for’? Followed your guide to the tee.

Best $70 I ever spent :)
Thanks!

6th February, 2014 @ 8:04 am by Indrajeet

Can this installation is possible for Dell Inspiration 1545. If not then what is the procedure.

Can its possible to install mac os from dmg file?

23rd February, 2014 @ 10:09 pm by Garza

I have tried everything with no avail. I have a Dell 9

25th February, 2014 @ 8:59 am by Diurno

For install Leopard, you need some programs and pack, but for Snow leopard no?
Are you sure that work correctly in 8 GB?
Thanks

21st March, 2014 @ 9:02 pm by Hackintosh Instructions & Tutorials 10.6 | How to instal your Hackintosh

[...] Snow Leopard on a Dell Mini 9, Dell Mini v10, HP Mini 1000 and HP Mini 110-3710 - Detailed and easy-to-follow guides from myMacNetbook.com. [...]

3rd April, 2014 @ 7:56 pm by Blade187

this is the correct link

Name
E-mail
Website
© 2014 myMacNetbook.com  |  Designed by Ed Gain  |  Hosted by CatN  |  Part of the InsanelyMac family